Friday, May 9, 2014

By Friday 9th of May

On a larger spectrum of things, I cannot blame myself for not writing here for a month.
So I think the honeymoon phase of UCT is over. Work, work, work is the theme now. Barely keeping afloat here but my light at the end of the tunnel is November where I would have gone through this crucible and hopefully survived it. Nonetheless moving forward from whining and groaning… sights and scenes and experiences of cape town
-          Open-air movie at Kristenbosch gardens: Slumdog millionaire… the last time I watched this movie was way back during my prelim years of undergraduate… was  great re-watching it.. apart from the sad and gory scenes
-          A birthday party (which I crashed).. haha.. fun! Tagged along with my friends to a birthday party of a person I did not know..got to know quite a number of people.. which is always a great experience
-          A farewell party…again of a person I still don’t know J went to a cool place called Cubana in Claremont.. a 15-20 mins drive from my residence.. hip, classy bar-ish place.
camps Bay.. you can never tire of it
-          A friend’s birthday… had fun! Ate out.. watched the sunset at the beach, dinner at a fancy place, quality crazy time 
victoria wharf... a perfect way to end a birthday
-          Sunset at signal hill… so beautiful!!! Cannot describe enough… oh and we clapped after the glorious sunset and sang
on one side of signal hill...table mountain
the city and the ocean
and then everyone clapped after the sun set.. the sky was gloriously lit up and i was just blown away by peoples attitude... clapping after the sun had set?
on the other side of signal hill.. the city
      
    Hosted Sunday lunch for friends (as usual) very nice
-          Tripped, fell and Hurt my knee while jogging (so haven’t had exercise for a while…walking itself was a task)
-          Career fare at UCT…. Big firms in south Africa doing recruitment… mianly corporate stuff-- not my cup of tea
-          Preparing for Africa day... its supposed to be awesome J
-          Got a new little sister J she is absolutely sweet
-          Rethinking my policy of not trans-nighting in campus
-          My Sunday kidz classes… give me something to look forward to bi monthly
-          Getting a bit homesick now… but still funny enough I don’t want to go home.. strange eh?
-          Weather!—eish.. cold! And its not yet winter! My heater is now on, wearing two pairs of clothing, its raining and drizzling… but yet some days I gets so warm you wonder what’s happening
-          Easter came and went. With nothing in particular.. except my friend’s birthday
-          Mother’s day is coming 
in preparation for mother's day.. we went out for chips&wasabi mayo :)
-   





No comments:

Post a Comment